1920s and 30s

During the 1920s and 1930s First Presbyterian continued with dramatic increases in the educational programs during pastorates of Dr. Estey and Dr. George William Allison. Redden Chapel, started in 1914, became an integral part of the church’s city mission work. (The educational thrust of the church rapidly grew during these two decades.) Finally, the remodeled sanctuary, Moeller organ (from the Payne legacy), and Mrs. C. F. Menninger memorial rose window were dedicated in 1935.

Go Back