The Beginning

First Presbyterian Church of Topeka traces its beginnings to a meeting held in the home of Mr. and Mrs. John Jackson, between Fifth and Sixth Streets on Harrison, December 19, 1859. The Reverend A. T. Rankin is regarded as the congregation’s founding father. The church was officially recognized by Highland Presbytery when Reverend Rankin carried forth a petition signed by the original 17 charter members and minutes of their initial meeting.

Go Back